Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Report COVID-19 Concerns
How Do I
Select a Category
Aging Commisions Mid South Forms
Air Quality Improvement Branch
Board of Commissioners
Chancery Court Forms
Circuit Court Forms
Criminal Court Forms
Housing Department Forms
IT STEERING COMMITTEE
Office of Early Childhood and Youth
Office Of Preparedness
Office of Re-entry
Public Records Commission
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
ADDENDUM TO SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER DISTRICT 2 APPLICATION
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
NOTE: If you are employed by Shelby County Schools and you are interested in becoming a School Board Member, you are required to relinquish your current employment.
The questions below are submitted by individual Commissioners who are interested in your responses. Each Commissioner will determine how much importance to place on the answers while determining the candidate for whom they will vote. The questions do not reflect the views or interests of all Commissioners and do not represent each Commissioner’s interest.
1. What is your vision for this role and the SCS board?
2. What does equity look like in the SCS system? How would you work to ensure that the board governs with equity as a core value?
3. Why would the people of District 2 be excited about your appointment? Why might some of your prospective constituents in District 2 be opposed to your appointment?
4. How should the interim superintendent be evaluated? (including academic, operational, or financial metrics you would suggest using in that evaluation)
5. In your opinion, how should the board approach the selection of a permanent superintendent and what are the 3 most important qualities, skills, or characteristics you will look for in the next superintendent?
6. What is your opinion of the recently released SCS footprint analysis and plan? What role should SCS charter schools and the ASD play in the execution of the facility plan?
7. How can the board best manage the overall performance of the district?
8. What types of interventions, strategies, or innovations do you support to improve struggling schools?
9. What is your opinion of the statewide assessment TN Ready?
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
County Office Directory
NACo Prescription Discount Card Program
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow