May I withdraw my appeal?
You may withdraw your appeal for any reason and at any time prior to your scheduled hearing by notifying the Board of Equalization (BOE) in writing of your intent to withdraw. You may email your withdrawal to or mail to Shelby County Board of Equalization,1075 Mullins Station Road, Suite C-142, Memphis, TN 38134. Print your name, property address and parcel number clearly. Be sure to sign the document. An electronic (typed) signature on email is acceptable. If a hearing has been scheduled, it will be canceled upon receipt of your withdrawal. IF YOU WITHDRAW YOUR APPEAL, YOU WILL HAVE NO FURTHER RIGHT TO APPEAL THE ASSESSOR'S DETERMINATION OF YOUR PROPERTY VALUE FOR THAT YEAR.

Show All Answers

1. What are the functions of the Board of Equalization?
2. What is the correlation between the County Assessor, County Trustee and the County Board of Equalization?
3. How can a Forced Assessment be adjusted?
4. How can I appeal the assessed value of my property?
5. Who can I call if I need help?
6. May I file an appeal for a prior year?
7. How can I confirm my appeal has been received and filed?
8. May I withdraw my appeal?
9. Should I wait until after my hearing to pay my property taxes?
10. When will I have a hearing?
11. What can be expected at the hearing?
12. What types of evidence should I provide?
13. How soon will I receive a decision from the Board?
14. What if I am not satisfied with the County Board’s decision?