Displaying all posts tagged with:
Posted to Community Services News on December 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM by Janet Lo
The Division cares about each member of our Division family and has created some ways to better communicate with each other and cope with our new normal.
Upcoming Facebook Page for Division of Community Services Employees
To help us stay connected, we are creating a Facebook page for Division employees. This closed group page will be used to share information while we work through this crisis and thereafter. Stay tuned.
Tips for Coping During COVID-19
· Take in news strategically. Get enough information to keep you informed; too much information can cause undue stress and anxiety.
· Use this time for professional development. Learn something new, or brush up on a skill or area that could be refreshing. See the list of SCG offerings below.
· If you are working from home, include physical and mental breaks in your day. Working from home, in many ways, is harder than working in the office. Take a break, get some sunshine, do some stretches or otherwise get some exercise
· Keep in touch with the outside world. SCG has a GoToMeeting account which you can use to videochat with clients and coworkers. Contact IT to get your GoToMeeting capability set up. Sometimes seeing a friendly face helps to eliminate the feeling of isolation during this period.
· Use all resources available to help you cope. The Employee Assistance Program is available to all employees who may need assistance during this time. Red Table Talk also has a wonderful show about how to cope during this pandemic. You can access it by clicking this link. https://www.facebook.com/pg/redtabletalk
(This is not a Division of Community Services event. The following is provided for informational purposes only.)
Although our Alternative Spring Break was cancelled, there are still opportunities to help those facing challenges related to COVID-19.
On April 1st, the Mid-South Food Bank needs 10 volunteers to assist with a mobile pantry distribution. It will be held in the parking lot of Paradise Entertainment Center located at 645 E Georgia Ave. Memphis, TN 38126. Volunteers will be responsible for distributing diapers and period supplies, directing traffic, assisting intake process, cleaning work area, as well as helping to set up and break down. Volunteers must arrive between 9:30A and 10:00A. The mobile pantry will operate from 10:30A to approximately 1:30P. Please contact the Mid-South Food Pantry at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. There will be nitrile and latex gloves available for all volunteers. You will need to complete the release form below.
Online Shelby County Government Training Opportunities
The following is a list of online training opportunities offering by the Shelby County Government Training Center (which can be accessed via GoToMeeting,) and New Horizons.
4/7 Empowering Collaboration: A Guide to Engaging Across Generations
4/23 Plan. Execute. Achieve. Building a Career Framework
5/13 Are You A Catalyst for Change? Lead with Confidence so Your Team Can Follow
4/14 Preventing Bullying & Promoting Civility in the Workplace
4/15 Workplace Safety
4/17 Exploring our Differences: Exercises in Diversity & Inclusion
4/23 Treat Everyone Like It’s Their Birthday: The Key to Customer Service
4/24 Creating a Respectful Workplace
4/27 Are People Difficult or Just Different
5/5 Workplace Safety
5/12 Communicating for Success
5/12 Necessary Skills for Workplace Success
5/14 Preparing for Leadership: Making the Transition from Staff to Supervisor
5/15 Creating a Respectful Workplace
5/20 Improve Your Public Speaking Skills
5/20 Conflict Resolution Skills
5/27 Perception is Reality
New Horizons Free Webinars
3/30 @ 11 am: Managing Remote and Virtual Teams
3/31 @ 11 am: Communicating Across Your Organization
4/1 @ 11 am: Leading Change in a Complex World
4/2 @ 11 am: Collaborating with Microsoft Teams
4/3 @ 11 am: Working Together in Microsoft Office 365
4/14 @ 11 am: Leadership & Development: The Art of Influence – An Essential Workplace Competency
Tag(s): Staff News, Self-Care, Covid-19