Victims of Crime Have the Right to:
* Confer with the prosecution.
* Be present at all proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present.
* Be free from intimidation, harassment, and abuse throughout the criminal justice process.
* Be informed of all proceedings and the release, transfer, escape or recapture of the accused or convicted person.
* A speedy trial or disposition and a prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction or sentence.
* Restitution from the offender.
* Be heard, when relevant, at all critical stages of the criminal justice process.
* Be informed of each of these rights established for victims.
- Tennessee Constitution Article I, § 35 – Rights of victims of crimes
Call us for more information about your rights in the criminal justice system and how we can help you navigate your case: 901-222-3950