Forms of Payment
Shelby County accepts cash, checks, and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovery Card ). Please note that there is a 2% convenience fee on all credit card purchases. Also, review the Check Acceptance Policy below prior to paying any city service with a personal check.
Check Acceptance Policy
- A $29 service fee is charged on all checks returned by your bank for any reason.
- A driver's license is required for all check transactions. The driver's license number will be written on your check.
- Checks will be accepted for the amount of purchase only.
- In the event that we cannot accept your check, we will be happy to accept your VISA, American Express, MasterCard, or Discover Card. Note that there is a 2% convenience fee on all credit card purchases.
- Make checks payable to the Shelby County Clerk.
- No counter checks will be accepted. Name, address, and phone number must be printed on the check.
- No two-party checks are accepted.
- We reserve the right to refuse your check if we have received a returned check from you in the past or if your check does not meet the requirements of our Check Acceptance Policy.
All Refund requests must be made within 6 months of the payment. Refund requests made within 24 hours of payment require local approval only. Refunds in excess of 24 hours may require local and state approval depending on the type of fees paid. Contact our Accounting Department at 901-222-3018 to start your refund process.