Going Out of Business Permit


Any business in Shelby County outside of any municipality that holds a liquidation sale or going out of business sale must obtain a permit from the Shelby County clerk. You must have the permit before your sale begins and before you advertise your sale.

The application fee is $25. The permit is valid for 30 days and may be renewed up to three times at the same fee.

Additional Resources