County Commission Ad Hoc Committees
The Commissioner's Permanent Rules of Order permits the Commission Chairman to create Ad Hoc Committees as needed. With each committee, the chairman appoints members and officers to serve collectively in an effort to achieve the mission of the special committee.
Klondike Smokey City Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Ad Hoc Committee
Mission: To explore best practices and to increase community engagement between the project development team and key Shelby Community Leaders impacted by and/or involved with the redevelopment of this area.
This committee is comprised of the following Leadership:
- Commissioner Henri E. Brooks, Chair
- Commissioner Britney Thornton, Vice Chair
This committee is comprised of the following members:
- Cathy Gray, Klondike Citizen, member
- Corey Davis, Attorney of the Works CDC, member
- Natalie McKinney, Executive Director of Whole Child Strategies, member
- Janice Banks, President of Small Planet Works, member
- Tanja Mitchell, President of T. Mitchell Consulting, member
- Austin Harrison, Assistant Professor of Urban Studies Rhodes College, member
- CAO Javier Bailey, Shelby County Assessor of Property, member
- Shep Wilburn, Administration EEOC, member
The first meeting of this Ad Hoc committee will be Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 11:30 AM in the Commission Committee Room (6th Floor) located at 160 N. Main Street.
If you have any questions regarding this Ad Hoc Committee please contact the Shelby County Commission Office at 901-222-1000.