CVRCC’s Vision, Mission, and Values
We envision a healthier, safer, and more well-informed Shelby County, where victims of crime are treated with dignity and respect as they heal from trauma and navigate the justice system, and community members are empowered to join together to reduce violence and its traumatic effects.
The Shelby County Crime Victims & Rape Crisis Center:
- Provides comprehensive services and resources to victims of crime;
- Educates our community about victimization, trauma, and the incredible strength, resiliency, and hope of those impacted by crime; and
- Equips and empowers our community with information and skills to live violence-free lives.
- Victims of crime deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- We provide individualized services that are respectful of victims’ needs, culture, and background.
- Our team respects one another and those we serve, working together with honesty, integrity, and equity.
- We value our partnerships with governmental, nonprofit, and community agencies, as well as individual residents, to increase our capacity to serve victims of crime and prevent violence.
- We strive towards a community that trusts and connects with one another, with helping agencies, and with our government.
Safety & Well-being
- Our community is safer and healthier when we holistically address crime, poverty, and inequity.
- We support victims of crime as they journey toward safety, resiliency, and well-being after trauma.
- We prioritize staff safety and well-being to ensure we can provide high-quality, compassionate, trauma-informed services.
- We believe that hope is essential to the provision of holistic, trauma-informed services and effective violence prevention.
- We acknowledge victims’ strength and hope and we work alongside them to break cycles of violence and reduce future victimization in our families and in our communities.
- We advocate for crime victims’ rights to timely information, equitable treatment, and compassionate support throughout their justice system participation.