Copies of Public Records

Clerk and Master’s Office Public Records Policy 

Property Tax Sale Records Request Form  

Civil Case Records Request Form  

Copies of Divorce Decree, Civil Records and Tax Sale Records

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I get a copy of my divorce ?
    • To find your divorce case we’ll ask the following questions:
    • Was the divorce granted in Shelby County?
    • Was it in Circuit Court or Chancery Court?
    • What date?
    • Do you know your case id/case number? (the case id will be listed on any old paperwork you may have or you can search our website if the divorce was granted after 1999)
    • Do you have more than one divorce?
  • Where can I pick up a copy of my divorce?
    • You can come to our offices during normal business hours:
    • Shelby County Courthouse
    • 140 Adams
    • Room B48 (in the basement)
    • Circuit and Chancery’s File rooms are in the same room
  • You can fill out a Civil Case or Tax Sale Request Form and email the form to:
  • Phone numbers:
    • Circuit - 901-222-3808
    • Chancery - 901-222-3900
  • How much does a copy cost?
    • Certified copies (accepted by other courts and government agencies) $5.00 plus .50 cents per page
    • Non-certified copies .50 cents per page
    • Divorces before 1999 must be retrieved from Archives before we can provide a total cost
  • Can I get my copy from Archives?
    • Shelby County Archives cannot provide a certified copy
  • Can I pay for copies on-line?
    • Not at this time
  • Do you accept credit cards?
    • Yes