NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, May 29, 2020:
Probate Court to remain appointment only including name changes until further notice.
To set an appointment please call 901-222-3771
To view state approved plans for reopening, click here.
In our efforts to reduce/stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) the Probate Court Clerk’s Office is open by appointment only for all court related activities. The following steps will be taken:
1) Utilize Mail: Rather than making an appointment to come in and file pleadings, you may file your Petitions/Motions, Answers/Responses by mailing them into the Clerk’s Office to file, along with your Order, your payment, and a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.
2) To schedule an appointment please call 901-222-3771
3) Once you have secured an appointment please arrive at your assigned time to process your request.
4) Request will be limited to activities on two (2) probate cases per appointment.
5) The following appointment windows will be available:
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 11:30am and 1:30pm – 3:30pm
The Probate Court oversees the following:
- Corrections to birth certificates
- Judicial hospitalization under the Mental Health Law
- Name changes
- Wills and Estates
For copy orders - please e-mail email@example.comFor additional information or help navigating the website please call (901) 222-3750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .