The Mission of the Division of Community Services
The Division of Community Services promotes ongoing economic security and independence for the people of Shelby County. We do this by promoting, coordinating and delivering services that address the underlying conditions for well being and justice.
Shelby County Division of Community Services strives to be a highly organized team and partner, dedicated to promoting a strong community where all people are able to reach their full potential.
About the Division of Community ServicesThe Division of Community Services is the place where human needs and government intersect. By leveraging Federal, State and local resources, the Division of
The Community Services Division has seven departments and has staff and/or advisers on a number of area boards, agencies, and commissions. The departments include:
- Aging Commission of the Mid-South Adult day care, meals, home modification or repair, legal assistance, medical equipment, elder abuse prevention, senior centers, state health insurance programs, and transportation
- Community Services Agency Utility and mortgage assistance, medical prescription assistance, family support self-sufficiency program
- Crime Victims & Rape Crisis Center Sexual assault forensic exams and advocacy, counseling, support groups, court appointments, filing for victim’s compensation
- Pretrial Services Pretrial Services as alternatives to incarceration for low level crimes including youth. Behavioral Health Unit response to residents with mental illness at any stage of the criminal justice system
- Veterans Services Education and training, guaranty home loans, filing claims, burial benefits, educational assistance for dependents
- Office of Community Engagement and Outreach Awareness and outreach about community services for all residents including special populations and strategic partnerships
- Youth Assessment Resource Center Critical prevention and early intervention assessment and case management services for youth and families
- Workforce Investment Network and American Job Center Job training and search tools, career development programs for youth and young adults, and business services to attract and retain employees
- Grants Management
Community Services Grantee Information
The Community Services Division Grants Office also coordinates several grants that are used for projects county-wide.
"If you are a Shelby County Sub grantee and need grants management information or forms, access the Grants Management Resource Page.”
Community Services Newsletters
Click here for the latest news and previous newsletters from the Division of Community Services