2012 Annual Report
Criminal Court Clerk
201 Poplar Ave.
Ph: (901) 222-3200
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Criminal Court Clerk’s Office made more great strides in 2012! We continued to meet our financial goals and built on our cost-saving partnerships with associated agencies. Some other accomplishments include reorganizing the office and enhancing individual employee skills. In conjunction with the other Shelby County criminal justice offices, 2013 will usher in the process of replacing our outdated computer systems.
From my beginning days with the Shelby County Courts in 1980 and into the 21st century, the number of personnel working in the Shelby County Courts grew in size. For the most part, the growth was justified as caseloads grew, in both civil and criminal matters. “Departmentalization” was the result. While there are the obvious benefits... (continued on Page 5 of 2012 Annual Report)
New Expungement Law
As of July 1, 2012, certain nonviolent offenders who have fulfilled all requirements of their sentence will be allowed to seek expungement of their records. Click here for more information about expungements
Attorneys can now use personal laptops, notepads,and other wi-fi enabled, handheld devices to access the Private Attorney's Network (PAN). Courtrooms also have built-in electronic workstations, which are configured to expedite a multitude of functions. Click for more information about the Courtroom Technology available in Criminal Court
- For details concerning a specific case in Criminal Court, Please click here.
- To create e-Forms for use in Criminal Court, click here.
- For more information about obtaining a copy of an Order Appointing Private Counsel please click here.
- For further information, please click here or call us at (901) 222-3200.
- For directions to Criminal Court, Click here.
- Para ver este sitio web en español, haga clic aquí.