Community Redevelopment Agency
- First Thursday of the month, as needed (Board meetings) and third Thursday of the month, as needed (Committee meetings). Click here to view the schedule for 2015.
- 8:30 AM
- Conference Room 477
Fourth Floor, City Hall
125 N. Main St.
Memphis, TN 38103
Members of the Community Redevelopment Agency Board serve four-year terms and must include (click on each Board member's name to send an email):
Members of the CRA Board, September 5, 2013 (from left to right): Luke Hill, Mack Martin, Deborah Massie, Michael Frick, John Smith, Ann Langston and Shawn Thomas.
Chairman: Michael Frick
Vice-Chairman: Deborah Massie
Secretary: Ann Langston
Treasurer: Shawn Thomas
Policies and Procedures Committee
Deborah Massie, Chairman
Shawn Thomas, Chairman
McKinley "Mack" Martin
There are currently NO vacancies on this Board.
Functions & Authority
The function of the joint Memphis and Shelby County Community Redevelopment Agency is to review applications for Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Districts.
The Community Redevelopment Agency is guided by state legislation passed by the Tennessee General Assembly on April 29, 1998. A link to that act, the Community Redevelopment Act of 1998, can be found here
. On October 28, 2013, the Shelby County Board of Commissioners passed a resolution that set a 15-year cap on any County Tax Increment Financing. That resolution can be viewed here
All TIF District applications must be first approved by the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Board before they proceed to the Memphis City Council and Shelby County Board of Commissioners for final approval. Only those TIF Districts that are included in the CRA Workable Program are eligible for TIF Districts (see link below). The CRA Board will analyze all TIF applications to ensure the proposed TIF District will create a tax increment. The tax increment is the difference in property taxes collected before the development and those collected after the development. This increment may fund certain public infrastructure and housing development costs.
to download an application for a TIF district.
to view the CRA Policies and Procedures.
to view the CRA Workable Program.
to view the CRA Workable Program Maps.
to view the 2007 Amendments to the Workable Program approved by the Memphis City Council and Shelby County Board of Commissioners.
Approved TIF Districts
The Community Redevelopment Agency Board, Memphis City Council and Shelby County Board of Commissioners have approved two TIF districts in Shelby County, Uptown and Highland Row.
View Uptown TIF
View map of existing structure rehabilitation programs in Uptown here
View Highland Row TIF
The Community Redevelopment Agency is currently reviewing a proposal to create a TIF district for the Heritage Trail area.
- View a map of the planned Heritage Trail redevelopment area/TIF district, with the boundaries of the Downtown Memphis Commission and the Center City Revenue Finance Corporation superimposed (the proposed TIF boundary is outlined in purple; the DMC boundary is indicated with red hatches and the CCRFC boundary is outlined in red).
- View the application for Heritage Trail.
- View the proposed redevelopment plan for Heritage Trail.
- View the questions that arose from the October 25, 2012, TIF Review Committee, with the applicant's responses.
- View narrative background of the Heritage Trail plan (referenced in responses above).
- View a map of the CCRFC PILOTs in this area.
- View further background information on the Heritage Trail plan from applicant.
- View report for precursor to Heritage Trail, Triangle Noir.
- View minutes from the November 27, 2012, TIF Review Committee.
- View revised TIF analysis from RKG (referenced in TIF Review Committee minutes above).
Most Recent Adopted Agenda
l View All
Most Recent Minutes l View All
For additional information about the Community Redevelopment Agency, please contact Clara Harris at (901) 576-7104.