Robert Rogers, P.E.
814 Jefferson Ave.
Ph: (901) 222-9599
Fx: (901) 222-9561
The Pollution Control Section is directed to maintain the purity of the air resources in Shelby County, and to protect the health, general welfare, and physical property citizens. The Pollution Control Section establishes air emission standards and requirements to monitor air pollution sources through the issuance of construction and operating permits. Other duties include:
- Collecting and disseminating information relative to the control of air pollution
- Conducting source visits and compliance inspections
- Developing enforcement cases on violations of the regulations
- Inspecting water production, residential wells, and deep soil borings
- Monitoring local ambient air quality
- Performing and observing stack tests