Robert Rogers, P.E.
814 Jefferson Ave.
Ph: (901) 222-9599
Fx: (901) 222-9561
The Pollution Control Section is directed to maintain the purity of the air resources in Shelby County, and to protect the health, general welfare, and physical property citizens. The Pollution Control Section establishes air emission standards and requirements to monitor air pollution sources through the issuance of construction and operating permits. Other duties include:
Please go the Public Notice section to see information concerning the canceled October 16, 2015 pubic hearing. The public meeting has been rescheduled to be held on December 15, 2015.
- Collecting and disseminating information relative to the control of air pollution
- Conducting source visits and compliance inspections
- Developing enforcement cases on violations of the regulations
- Inspecting water production, residential wells, and deep soil borings
- Monitoring local ambient air quality
- Performing and observing stack tests
**** To be redirected to the Home page of the Serve You/ Web Client and access information concerning proposed amendments to the state implementation plan (SIP). The amendments are to incorporate the proposed Shelby County Eight-hour Ozone Redesignation Request (Request) (2015 SCRRAMP) please follow these steps:
(1) Click Here
and follow on-screen login procedure on the Serve You/Web Client, then
(2) Click on the Pollution Control-Air Program
(3) Click on the 2015 SCRRAMP