Infectious Disease Section
The Infectious Disease Section of the Shelby County Health Department is responsible for the prevention and control of sexually transmitted diseases and tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis (TB) Control
The TB Control Section is responsible for the identification of suspected cases and their contacts, treatment, follow-up and management of TB cases in Shelby County.
Program services include:
- Anti-tuberculosis medication and appropriate laboratory services
- Consultation to other health care providers
- Education to patients, families, and the public
- Enforcement of tuberculosis laws and regulations
- Medical supervision and visits with a TB physician
- Monitoring of TB infected individuals
- Preventive therapy for persons infected with the TB germ
- TB skin testing and examination of contacts
The Health Department's TB Clinic:
814 Jefferson Ave.
Memphis, TN 38105
Ph: (901) 222-9664