Click to Home
Home   •   Print   •   Email   •   Contact Us
Go To Search
Click to Home

Online Services
Stay Connected
What to Do If Sexually Assaulted
Steps to Take After Sexual Assault
  1. Get to a safe place, far away from your attacker(s) 
  2. Call 9-1-1 or the Shelby County Rape Crisis Center (RCC) hotline at (901) 222-4350 
  3. If physically injured, go immediately to the nearest hospital emergency department 
  4. Don't bathe or change clothing 
  5. Don't brush your teeth 
  6. If you have to urinate, keep the urine in a container to give to RCC staff when you present to the center 
  7. If you are assaulted orally, don't eat or drink until seen by RCC staff
  8. If you don't want to report the assault, you can still receive services from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
  9. Anyone sexually assaulted within Memphis or Shelby County is eligible to receive counseling that is free and confidential, whether or not you chose to report the assault, and regardless of when it occurred. 

Report Child Sexual Abuse
  • Arkansas Department of Child Services child abuse hotline: (800) 482-5964
  • Mississippi Department of Child Services child abuse hotline: (800) 222-8000
  • Tennessee Department of Child Services child abuse hotline: (877) 237-0004

Vasco A. Smith, Jr. County Administration Building • (901) 222-2300
160 North Main Street Memphis TN 38103
SitemapAccessibilityPrivacy StatementCopyright NoticesPowered by CivicPlus