Contract Compliance Program
Instruction to Bidders
Consistent with Article V, Section 5.13 B (5) and (6) of the Home Rule Charter and the Shelby County Board of Commissioners
Resolution 9, adopted November 5, 2012, the Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance (EOC) has developed a Contract Compliance Program for Shelby County government.
You are advised that the following procedures have been instituted in order to fulfill these responsibilities:
Additional Vendor Information
- All firms, regardless of the number of employees must pre-qualify for an EOC Contract Compliance Eligibility Number prior to submission of a bid for a contract.
- To receive an EOC Contract Compliance Eligibility Number the following steps must be taken at least 45 days prior to bid opening.
- Secure a Contract Compliance Packet from the EOC. For information and assistance in these procedures, contact the contract compliance officer at (901) 222-1100.
- Return requested information to the EOC office by the time specified above for review of compliance with standards of Resolution 9. The EOC office is located at:
160 N. Main
Memphis, TN 38103
- Secure a contract compliance number for your firm and mark it on each bid envelope submitted.
For vendors, unless stipulated on the Contract Eligibility Report, certification numbers are valid for a period of 3 years after which a review will be necessary.
Please feel free to call our office at (901) 222-1100 for any assistance you may need as we implement this phase of Shelby County government's Equal Opportunity Compliance Program.