Tire Recycling Center
3000 Elvis Presley Blvd.
Ph: (901) 396-5448
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Tire Recycling Center opened for business on July 1, 2003. Its operation has been successful in meeting the goals and expectations of the Shelby County Public Works Division.
Every day our community generates between 2,000-3,000 tires that must be disposed of properly. The Tire Recycling Center is open five days a week to meet recycling demands.
Billing Procedures / Tipping Fees
- Each customer is responsible for unloading tires.
- Passenger, diesel, and tractor tires are accepted.
- The amount of submitted tires must be counted accurately.
- Tires cannot be muddy, full of debris, or extremely dirty.
- Tires must be off the rim.
According to the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC)
, tire dealers, and consumers of large numbers of tires must pay a tipping fee to dispose of their tires. These tipping fees are as follows:
Tire Recycle Program Flyer
- Tire dealers with a TDEC Manifest Form and a valid Tennessee Department of Revenue (TDR) identification number
- Passenger tires (equal to approximately 20 lbs.) = $0.30 per tire
- Diesel truck tires (equal to approximately 100 lbs.) = $0.75 per tire
- Private source and/or used tire dealers without a TDEC Manifest Form
- Any size tires = $100 per ton
Four passenger tires, per residence, are accepted at no cost
For additional information, please contact Jodie Dowty at the Shelby County Support Services Department
at (901) 222-2416.