Construction Specialist / Surveying
6449 Haley Rd.
Ph: (901) 222-7724
Monday - Thursday
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Road Construction and Maintenance Section is responsible for the maintenance of roadways within the jurisdiction of unincorporated Shelby County. It also responds to emergencies affecting road transportation. Major duties of the section include:
- Conducting field / land surveys for planning, constructing, and improving infrastructures
- Conducting the planning and management of road construction
- Constructing / maintaining approximately 300 miles of existing road shoulders annually
- Improving and maintaining approximately 300 miles of roadside ditches annually
- Managing approximately 800 linear miles of roads in unincorporated areas
- Providing emergency response during inclement weather when road transportation is affected
Status of Current Road Contruction Projects
View a listing of construction projects currently underway within Shelby County by clicking link below:
Current Road/Bridge Construction Projects
Projected 2013 - 2014 Bridge Projects
- Raleigh Millington Road Bridge Over the Loosahatcie River - Full replacement and widening to four lanes.
- Ward Road Bridge Over Big Creek - Complete replacement.
- Sledge Road Bridge Over Bid Creek - Complete replacement.
- Fite Road and Bridge Improvements - Realignment of Fite Road and new bridge over the railroad.