Welcome to Shelby County Government's Application Process
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Shelby County Government. We only accept applications through the online applicant management system.
All employees hired after September 1, 1986, must be residents of Shelby County and shall continue to reside in said County as a condition of their employment.
We only accept online applications for positions that are currently posted on Shelby County’s website. Our online employment site allows applicants to easily search and apply for open positions.
All applications must be submitted before 11:59 pm by the closing date on our employment opportunities page. If you need assistance, please email
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, disability, national origin, political affiliation, age, or any other legally protected status. Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V
If special assistance is needed to complete the application process, please email Human Resources at
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR ANY POSITIONS!!!
• Carefully read the job descriptions and requirements for the position before applying by clicking “Details” next to the job title.
• Apply online by selecting the job title you are interested in and click "Apply Now".
• If this is your first time applying online, you must create an account and select a Username and Password. After your account is established, you will begin your application. Your application may be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
• If you have previously created an account or applied using this system click “Apply Now” and login to use your saved application.
• Please carefully follow the instructions outlined in the application screen to ensure your application is submitted correctly for the position.
• You are responsible for documenting that you meet all of the requirements for the position. An incomplete application, missing documents, or false responses to questions may result in disqualification. It is important that your application include all relevant education and experience, including your Shelby County Government jobs. Before applying for a position, please update your profile (address, education, work history, etc.) to ensure that the most current information is considered as a part of the application.
• Applications are accepted until 11:59 pm CST of the closing date in the job posting.
• You will be notified by email only, regarding the status of your application. The Human Resources office will not provide application status by telephone.