Robert L. Childers--Division Nine
|| Judge Childers, a native Memphian, has been Judge of Division Nine
of the Circuit Court of Tennessee for the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis
- Graduate of the University of Memphis School of Business and the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Chair of the Domestice Violence State Coordinating Council; Memphis Lawyers' Help Lawyers', Inc; Chair of the Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee for the Tennessee Judicial Conference since 1991; Tn. Lawyers' Assistance Program (TLAP)
- Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) Commission on Lawyers Assistance Programs (CoLAP), which provides help for legal professionals and law school students with addiction, mental health and other issues that affect their ability to practice law
- Attorney; Past President of the Tennessee Judicial Conference; Former President of the Tennessee Trial Judges' Association
- Special Judge of the Tennessee Supreme Court Workers' Compensation Panel
- Received Memphis Bar Association's Charles A. Rond Outstanding Judge of the Year award in 1986, 1999 and 2006.
- Awarded Judge of the Year by the Shelby County (TN) Deputy Sheriff's Association in 1990.
- Received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the University of Memphis in 2002.
- Received the Judge Jane Wheatcraft Award from the Tennessee Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence in 2001 for outstanding service in combating domestic violence.
Back to Circuit Home
- Recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow Award from the Memphis Rotary Club in 2007