Yulonda Rhodes, Supervisor
2670 Union Ext., Suite 500
Ph: (901) 222-4220
Fx: (901) 222-4242
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This program is offered to low-income residents of Memphis and Shelby County whose monthly income falls below 125% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. Purpose of this assistance is to provide prevention of evictions, forclosures and/or alleviate current homelessness.
Eligible households can be served once every two years and receive up to $900.
Potential customers may receive help with first month's rent and/or deposit which may not exceed $900.
To quailify for this assistance, there must be an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance that caused a reduction in income and/or an out-of-pocket expense within 120 days (4 months) that prevented the household from being able to pay rent/mortgage.
This program is offered periodically throughout the year until all funds are exausted and NO walk-ins will be accepted. Each customer must have an appointment.
- Social Security card/Identification for all household members
- Proof of all household income (i.e. check stubs, award letter)
- Proof of pending eviction/forclosure
- Proof of homelessness (i.e. letter from caseworker)
- Proof of crisis/out of pocket expense
Appointment Line (901) 535-2200