The Shelby County Government Citizen's University
"Citizens get a behind the scenes look at how county government works and
how their tax dollars are spent," says Mayor Mark H. Luttrell, Jr.
The twelve-week course will be held on Thursday
evenings from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at various county facilities.
| Presentations Include:
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Administration and Finance
- Information Technology
- Community Services
- Health Department
- Planning and Development
- Public Works
- Public Affairs
- County Attorney/Public Defender/Divorce Referee
- Office of Preparedness
- Elected Officials (Trustee, County Clerk, Assessor, County Commission)
- Shelby County Election Commission
Class Schedule: The classes are on Thursday nights from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. for 12 weeks. You will be allowed three absences during the program. If you miss more than three times, you will not be allowed to graduate.
Next Session: August 2015