Steps Toward Employment
- Applications for employment are only accepted through our online application process.
- The applicants will be scheduled for testing if testing is applicable for the position.
- Applications are screened to determine most qualified applicants. Qualified and unqualified applicants are notified of their status by email.
- A certified list of eligibles is prepared and sent to the appropriate department, who then contacts the candidates listed on the eligibles list for interviews.
- Successful interview candidates are notified and designated as contingent employees subject to additional specialized screenings, such as medical examination and/or background investigations if applicable.
- A recommended contingent candidate is contacted and offered job. If candidate accepts, the candidate is scheduled for a new employee orientation session to begin employment with Shelby County Government.
For questions related to Shelby County's hiring process, email us at .