- Meets Quarterly
- 160 N. Main St.
- Memphis, TN 38103
Members of the Shelby County Ethics Commission serve two-year terms. In all, the commission consists of 12 members and one chairman who are appointed by the county mayor and confirmed by the Shelby County Commission
. The board includes a minimum of five licensed attorneys (of which three are former judges) and eight members from the broader community.
There are no vacancies at this time.
Functions & Authority
The Ethics Commission has jurisdiction of all ethics complaints lodged against:
- Appointees to boards, commissions, and authorities
- Assistant chief administrative officer
- Chief deputy and assistant chief deputy sheriffs
- Division directors, deputy directors, chief administrators, administrators, and deputy administrators
- Elected officials
- The chief administrative officer
For additional information about the Ethics Commission, please contact
or (901) 222-2113.