Cross Connection Board
- Meets 4 times a year and as needed
- 6465 Mullins Station Rd.
Memphis, TN 38134
Members of the joint Memphis and Shelby County Cross Connection Board serve three-year terms and must include:
- Four members from Shelby County - Appointed by the county mayor and confirmed by the Shelby County Commission
- One Building Department representative
- One Plumbing Department representative
- Two citizen representatives
- Four members from the City of Memphis - Appointed by the mayor of Memphis and confirmed by the Memphis City Council, with one designated as chairman
There are no vacancies at this time.
County Appointees are:
David Bodkin - Plumbing Department representative
Luke Connable, Jr. - Building Department representative
William Hunt - Citizen representative
Gregory Taylor - Citizen representative
City of Memphis Appointees are:
John McCormick - Citizen representative
Cindy Cook - Representative from industry at large
Odell Johnson - Representative from Memphis Light, Gas and Water
Tyler Zerwekh - Representative from Shelby County Health Department
Functions & Authority
The mission of the Memphis and Shelby County Cross Connection Board is to ensure safe drinking water by providing advice and technical guidance on existing rules, policies, procedures and encouraging improvements in all areas related to cross connection and backflow prevention.
The Memphis and Shelby County Cross Connection Board is an appointed joint city and county board aimed to enforce cross connection control by containment and isolation under the applicable ordinances of Shelby County and City of Memphis jurisdictions. The Cross Connection Board is the designated enforcement and appeals authority of Ordinance requirements.
For additional information, contact Odell Johnson
at (901) 320-3939.