Protecting Your Health & the Environment
Not smoking is one of the best choices that you can make to keep your body healthy. There are several steps that you can take to protect yourself and your family from the dangers of smoking:
- Avoid secondhand smoke as much as possible.
- Avoid smoking around children, pets, and the elderly.
- Choose smoke-free restaurants or ask for seating as far away from the smoking section as possible.
- Do not allow anyone to smoke in your home or your car.
- Encourage friends and family to quit smoking.
- If you don’t smoke, don’t start.
- If you smoke, quit - the sooner, the better.
By following the above advice and quitting or refraining from using tobacco you can add 13 to 14 years to your life. You will also be playing a vital role in protecting the environment from air pollution and litter.
For Additional Information
To learn more about how tobacco smoke can affect your environment, visit the Environmental Protection Agency