Johnson E. Saulsberry, Jr.
Ex. Asst to the Mayor with Title VI Coordinator
160 N. Main
Ph: (901) 222-2016
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI) assures nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs. Prohibited practices include but are not limited to:
- Denying a person any service, financial aid, or other benefits because of race, color, or national origin
- Failing to make allowances for language or educational difficulties
- Locating facilities in any way that would limit or impede access to a federally funded service or benefit
- Providing a different service or benefit, or providing these in a different manner from those provided to others in the program
- Requiring different standards or conditions as prerequisites for serving individuals
The Shelby County government assures that individuals will not be discriminated against because of race, color, or national origin. Any person(s) or organization(s) that believe they may have been a victim of discrimination based on race, color, or national origin may file a complaint with the agency in question or with the Shelby County Title VI coordinator.