Copies of Divorce Decree
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a copy of my divorce ?
- To find your divorce case we’ll ask the following questions:
- Was the divorce granted in Shelby County?
- Was it in Circuit Court or Chancery Court?
- What date?
- Do you know your case id/case number? (the case id will be listed on any old paperwork you may have or you can search our website if the divorce was granted after 1999)
- Do you have more than one divorce?
- Where can I pick up a copy of my divorce?
- You can come to our offices during normal business hours:
- Shelby County Courthouse
- 140 Adams
- Room B48 (in the basement)
- Circuit and Chancery’s File rooms are in the same room
- Phone numbers:
- Circuit - 901-222-3808
- Chancery - 901-222-3900
- How much does a copy cost?
- Certified copies (accepted by other courts and government agencies) $5.00 plus .50 cents per page
- Non-certified copies .50 cents per page
- Divorces before 1999 must be retrieved from Archives before we can provide a total cost
- Can I get my copy from Archives?
- Shelby County Archives cannot provide a certified copy
- Can I pay for copies on-line?
- Not at this time
- Do you accept credit cards?